Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2007 .AddPictu Can it use a URL as a source?

I am trying to run this command

set mypic = xl.sheets("PROJECT").Shapes.AddPicture(myFil,True, True,
0,0,100,100)

where myFil = "http://devserver/pictures/testpic.jpg"

but it tells me that the file cannot be found. If I type the value
into IE the picture comes up, and if I replace the http with a local
path, i.e. c:\inetpub\wwwroot\.... it works. In Excel 2003 a URL was
an acceptable value. Can this work in Excel 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hopefully the URL at the bottom of this post will work. I replied to another
post before seeing yours.

The sudden unexplained change in AddPicture behavior from Excel 2003 to 2007
has been a huge source of frustration for me.

I half expected Office 2007 SP1 to offer a solution, but it doesn't even
resolve the problem of not being able to record a macro to show the method
that Excel uses natively for inserting image links.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...=en-us&m=1&p=1