Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default checkbox backstyle

We use an Excel-sheet with several checkboxes. These boxes do not
trigger any code, only two checkboxes are always grouped together to
indicate whether some text-information, that is typed into the sheet,
comes from one source or another.
This Excel-sheet is located on our server and works fine for several
years. Suddenly on one new computer (WIN XP, Office Excel 2003 SP2,
like all other computers) these checkboxes change their backstyle to
black when clicked, and one cannot read or print the caption of the
checkbox. If this sheet is opened from another computer, everything is
fine again.
This happens both if backstyle is transparent or opaque.
Are there any ideas about that?

Hartmut
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

First thing I'd try is to clean up the windows Temp folder on the misbehaving
pc.

Close excel
windows start button|Run
%temp%
and delete all the files you can

Then open excel and retest.

If that didn't work, I'd replace the checkboxes from the control toolbox toolbar
with checkboxes from the Forms toolbar.

I think the controls from the Forms toolbar behave lots better.

--

Dave Peterson