Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default pasting a link

I have a workbook with multiple sheets in it, and then a copy of the multiple
sheets, ie: sheet a1, sheet a2, sheet a3, sheet a4, and sheet b1, sheet b2,
sheet b3, sheet b4. sheet b1 is identical to sheet a1 but in a different
language (all columns/rows/cells match exactly). I am trying to write a macro
that allows me to select particular cells from sheet a1, then pastes and
links them into their equivalent in sheet b2. Basically, just a shorter way
then selecting A:1 on sheet a1 copying it, switching to sheet b1, clicking on
A:1 and pasting special link.

I just started learning VBA, and know very little. How do I take what I have
selected on sheet a1, and make it paste in the same ranges on sheet b1?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks,

Lance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Set mycell = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Select Link", Type:=8)
fulladdr = mycell.Worksheet.Name & "!" & mycell.Address
ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=ActiveCell, Address:="", SubAddress:= _
fulladdr, TextToDisplay:=fulladdr

"Lance" wrote:

I have a workbook with multiple sheets in it, and then a copy of the multiple
sheets, ie: sheet a1, sheet a2, sheet a3, sheet a4, and sheet b1, sheet b2,
sheet b3, sheet b4. sheet b1 is identical to sheet a1 but in a different
language (all columns/rows/cells match exactly). I am trying to write a macro
that allows me to select particular cells from sheet a1, then pastes and
links them into their equivalent in sheet b2. Basically, just a shorter way
then selecting A:1 on sheet a1 copying it, switching to sheet b1, clicking on
A:1 and pasting special link.