Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disabling Compatability Checker in Automation

Hi Folks

First post here, so not sure if this is the right board for a query of this
level but here goes:

We have a .Net application that uses automation to drive Excel in the
background (not visible) and when the application closes it closes Excel and
the open workbook. So far so good.

The problem we now have is that the first time you use our application with
a workbook created in Excel 2003 but where the machine running the
application has Excel 2007 installed, when you close the workbook the
application appears to hang.

It is not hanging, Excel has opened a "Compatability Checker" dialog behind
our main application window reporting "Minor Loss of Fidelity" x7. Ideally we
would like to be able to suppress this dialog OR control it some way.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

try Application.Displayalerts=False

Charles
Outlines for my Sessions at the Australia Excel Users Group
http://www.decisionmodels.com/OZEUC.htm

"Howard Pierce-Morgan" wrote
in message ...