Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Range names starting with underscores?

When I use the menu to look at a list of range names, ones starting with
underscores do not appear. But when I run through all of them in a macro
they show up. Just what are they and where do they come from?

Don <www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Some names are not visible in the namebox. It'll depend on what the name refers
to.

Names that point at dynamic ranges won't be visible there, but will be visible
in the insert|Name|define dialog.

What does the name point to?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008, Dave Peterson wrote:

Don Wiss wrote:

When I use the menu to look at a list of range names, ones starting with
underscores do not appear. But when I run through all of them in a macro
they show up. Just what are they and where do they come from?

Some names are not visible in the namebox. It'll depend on what the name refers
to.

Names that point at dynamic ranges won't be visible there, but will be visible
in the insert|Name|define dialog.

The Define dialog is where they are not appearing.

What does the name point to?

This is at work, and I have to post from home. But I believe they were
graphic objects.

Don <www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you mean like the names of buttons/comboboxes/pictures, then you won't see
those names in the insert|Name|define dialog. These object names aren't those
kinds of names.

And this may not useful for you original question, but get Jan Karel Pieterse's
(with Charles Williams
and Matthew Henson) Name Manager:

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

It'll make working with names (still not object names) much easier.