Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default using rons email but need just printrange to mail

im using one of rons email macro's to mail the sheet.
i got my checkbox linked to k4. outside of the print range (when u go
printpreview)

but when i email it in the body of mail as html it includes all the data
even if i got it in white so it does not show on screen.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Try this
Set rng = Range(ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea)

Sub Mail_Selection_Range_Outlook_Body()
' Don't forget to copy the function RangetoHTML in the module.
' Working in Office 2000-2007
Dim rng As Range
Dim OutApp As Object
Dim OutMail As Object

Set rng = Nothing
On Error Resume Next
Set rng = Range(ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea)
On Error GoTo 0

If rng Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "The selection is not a range or the sheet is protected" & _
vbNewLine & "please correct and try again.", vbOKOnly
Exit Sub
End If

With Application
.EnableEvents = False
.ScreenUpdating = False
End With

Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
OutApp.Session.Logon
Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0)

On Error Resume Next
With OutMail
.To = "
.CC = ""
.BCC = ""
.Subject = "This is the Subject line"
.HTMLBody = RangetoHTML(rng)
.display 'or use .Display
End With
On Error GoTo 0

With Application
.EnableEvents = True
.ScreenUpdating = True
End With

Set OutMail = Nothing
Set OutApp = Nothing

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"pswanie" wrote in message ...
im using one of rons email macro's to mail the sheet.
i got my checkbox linked to k4. outside of the print range (when u go
printpreview)

but when i email it in the body of mail as html it includes all the data
even if i got it in white so it does not show on screen.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

just that one line that i need to add in and then ive " ' " the old line?

im getting a error

method 'range' of object'_global' failed
debug bring me to that line that i pasted in

"pswanie" wrote in message ...
im using one of rons email macro's to mail the sheet.
i got my checkbox linked to k4. outside of the print range (when u go
printpreview)

but when i email it in the body of mail as html it includes all the data
even if i got it in white so it does not show on screen.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub Mail_Sheet_Outlook_Body()
' Don't forget to copy the function RangetoHTML in the module.
'thanx to Ron 4 this macro
' Working in Office 2000-2007
Dim rng As Range
Dim OutApp As Object
Dim OutMail As Object
With Application
.EnableEvents = False
.ScreenUpdating = False
End With

Set rng = Nothing
'Set rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange
'You can also use a sheet name
'Set rng = Sheets("sheet1").UsedRange
Set rng = Range(ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea)

Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
OutApp.Session.Logon
Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0)

On Error Resume Next
With OutMail
.to = "
'.CC = ""
'.BCC = ""
.Subject = "Fault description log sent:" & " " & Format(Date, "dddd
dd/mm/yyyy") & " " & Format(Now, "hh:mm")
.HTMLBody = RangetoHTML(rng)
.Send 'or use .Display
End With
On Error GoTo 0

With Application
.EnableEvents = True
.ScreenUpdating = True
End With

Set OutMail = Nothing
Set OutApp = Nothing

Sheets("Sheet1").PrintOut

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Working OK here but use the exact macro I posted and see if it give you the msgbox

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"pswanie" wrote in message ...

Sub Mail_Sheet_Outlook_Body()
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

i do get the msg box. but i do have data on the sheet that needs to mail.

my data is from a1 to j37 on sheet1

got other data on sheet2 aswell

will check again tomorow and let u know....
time to go home

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Working OK here but use the exact macro I posted and see if it give you the msgbox

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"pswanie" wrote in message ...

Sub Mail_Sheet_Outlook_Body()
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do you have set the print area manual ?

When you do Ctrl F3 you can see if there is a named range Print_Area.
If not set it and try the code again

--

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Working OK here but use the exact macro I posted and see if it give you the msgbox

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"pswanie" wrote in message ...

Sub Mail_Sheet_Outlook_Body()
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanx ron...

did not know about the ctrl f3.... learn something new every day.. will
keep that in mind next time

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Working OK here but use the exact macro I posted and see if it give you the msgbox

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

Sub Mail_Sheet_Outlook_Body()