Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help, please. Anybody?

Hi!

I'm working on a "Data Holder" application. The process that I do
requires several applications open which are basically just databases
containing many employee information. From name to address, date of
hire, ssn, hourly rate and much more, injury claims and average weekly
wages. What I need to do is gather data across several applications,
do calculations and encode them to an Excel Master File (Log). The
Task is a bit tedious so I thought of creating an application that
will hold all the data that I will input, automate the calculation
then transfer them to Excel Master File (Log) across several sheets.

I've actually designed the User Form already and I badly need help on
several (Excel VB) codes that I can't seem to formulate.

**********************
below are several items that I'm having difficulties with:

1) I have a ComboboxRCVDate & a TextBoxWeekEnd.

The value of the combobox is a date selected from a list in an excel
sheet (e.g 2/17/2008 and what the TextBox does is that it shows a
value indicating the WEEK ENDING date of the date entered in the
combobox.

EXAMPLE:

I select 2/17/2008 from the drop-down list of the combobox and the
TextBoxWeekEnd displays 2/22/2008. Which is the last week day of the
week where 2/10/2008 belongs. sunday being the 1st day.

Problem #1

(Currently what happens is that when I select a date from the drop-
down list, the display shows 39495 instead of 2/17/2008. I've managed
to set the format for the TextBoxWeekEnd but i can't do it with the
combobox.

Question #1
How do I set the format of the Combobox to show date format and not
number format?

this is the code that I used:

TextBoxWKEnd = ComboBoxRCVDate + (Weekday(ComboBoxRCVDate) = 6 * 7) -
(Weekday(ComboBoxRCVDate)) + 6

TextBoxWKEnd.VALUE = Format$(TextBoxWKEnd.VALUE, "MM/DD/YYYY",
vbFriday)

BUT - when i put ComboBoxRCVDate = Format(ComboBoxRCVDate, "MM/DD/
YYYY") to set the format of the combobox output i get an error.

Problem #2

When I select "Saturday" dates on the combo box, the weekend textbox
displays the Friday before it rather than the coming Friday for that
week.

Problem #3

I have several textboxes that holds wage info and would like them to
be transfered to sheet 2 while all other data are transfered to sheet
1.

Question #4

How can I create a list in VB Editor if i want to use cell
references? currently ComboBoxRCVDate is set to RowSource AD7:AD25 in
the Properties window.

is there a code a can use to put all the selection in the VB editor
and not in the excel sheets?

Thanks You very much in advance. Hoping for your favorable and
educational reply :-)