Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Fun with GetOpenFilename

Hello,

The follwoing works ok:

'================================================= ===============
MyXlPathway = Application.GetOpenFilename("Excel Files (*.xls),*.xls,"
& _
"Excel Files (*.xlsx),*.xlsx," & _
"Excel Files (*.xlsm),*.xlsm," & _
"Add-in Files (*.xla),*.xla", , "Select
Excel file or add-in for XL Start-up")
'================================================= ===============

but I'd like it so that all the file types are displayed as soon as
the Open File window appears - with the above the user has to select
the file type using the bottom combobox to make those files visible.

Any help appreciated
Jason.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jason
Just remove all the stuff behind GetOpenFilename:

MyXlPathway = Application.GetOpenFilename

regards
reklamo

"WhytheQ" wrote:

Hello,

The follwoing works ok:

'================================================= ===============
MyXlPathway = Application.GetOpenFilename("Excel Files (*.xls),*.xls,"
& _
"Excel Files (*.xlsx),*.xlsx," & _
"Excel Files (*.xlsm),*.xlsm," & _
"Add-in Files (*.xla),*.xla", , "Select
Excel file or add-in for XL Start-up")
'================================================= ===============

but I'd like it so that all the file types are displayed as soon as
the Open File window appears - with the above the user has to select
the file type using the bottom combobox to make those files visible.

Any help appreciated
Jason.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

But that might let the user think he could select, say, a PowerPoint
presentation.

Try this:

MyXlPathway = Application.GetOpenFilename( _
"Excel Files
(*.xls;*.xlsx;*.xlsm;*.xla;*.xlam),*.xls;*.xlsx;*. xlsm;*.xla;*.xlam", , _
"Select Excel file or add-in for XL Start-up")

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"reklamo" wrote in message
Hi Jason
Just remove all the stuff behind GetOpenFilename:

MyXlPathway = Application.GetOpenFilename

regards
reklamo

"WhytheQ" wrote:

Hello,

The follwoing works ok:

'================================================= ===============
MyXlPathway = Application.GetOpenFilename("Excel Files (*.xls),*.xls,"
& _
"Excel Files (*.xlsx),*.xlsx," & _
"Excel Files (*.xlsm),*.xlsm," & _
"Add-in Files (*.xla),*.xla", , "Select
Excel file or add-in for XL Start-up")
'================================================= ===============

but I'd like it so that all the file types are displayed as soon as
the Open File window appears - with the above the user has to select
the file type using the bottom combobox to make those files visible.

Any help appreciated
Jason.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I like Jon's reply, but if you want, maybe...

Dim myFileName As Variant
myFileName = Application.GetOpenFilename(Filefilter:="All Files, *.*")

WhytheQ wrote:

Hello,

The follwoing works ok:

'================================================= ===============

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 15 Feb, 15:47, Dave Peterson wrote:
I like Jon's reply, but if you want, maybe...

* * Dim myFileName As Variant
* * myFileName = Application.GetOpenFilename(Filefilter:="All Files, *.*")

WhytheQ wrote:

Hello,

The follwoing works ok:

'================================================= ===============
MyXlPathway = Application.GetOpenFilename("Excel Files (*.xls),*.xls,"
& _
* * * * * * * * * * * * * "Excel Files (*.xlsx),*.xlsx," & _
* * * * * * * * * * * * * "Excel Files (*.xlsm),*.xlsm," & _
* * * * * * * * * * * * * "Add-in Files (*.xla),*.xla", , "Select
Excel file or add-in for XL Start-up")
'================================================= ===============

but I'd like it so that all the file types are displayed as soon as
the Open File window appears - with the above the user has to select
the file type using the bottom combobox to make those files visible.

Any help appreciated
Jason.

--

Dave Peterson- Hide quoted text -

Thanks to everyone for the help - all worked fine. I used something
very similar to Jon's.
Jason.