Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default DisplayFullScreen=False not working

At a glance your code looks fine. Try stepping through the code comparing
the 'debugged' application settings with what you see. You don't need to
disable ScreenUpdating, at least not for the snippet you posted; ensure it
is not disabled, at least until you have everything working OK.

Regards,
Peter T

"VBA_Newbie79" wrote in message
Hello all,
I replied to the post about Application.DisplayFullScreen=False not
working,
but probably should have started a new one. The original post was located
at
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...074&sloc=en-us.

I am having the same trouble as this original post. I have tried the
suggestions by
JLGWhiz and Gord included in the post, but it doesn't seem to be working.
Does anyone know why DisplayFullScreen will not turn off,
programmatically?

This only appears to be a problem when my macro is the only spreadsheet
open. The macro will switch in and out of Full Screen fine when another
spreadsheet is open, but not if it is the only spreadsheet open. Stepping
through the code shows that DisplayFullScreen is the only property that
will
not change its value. Below is an excerpt from my BeforeClose code.

With Application
.ScreenUpdating = False
.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = True
.CommandBars("Toolbar List").Enabled = True
If .DisplayFullScreen Then
.DisplayFullScreen = False
End If
.ScreenUpdating = True
End With

Any help you can provide would be appreciated. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Peter T,
I've removed the ScreenUpdating code so that I can watch the lines execute.
I assume the 'debugged' application settings your referring to are small
screen tips that appear with the current value of the property, right?

If this is the case, each line that does work, such as
.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = True
.CommandBars("Toolbar List").Enabled = True
show the value False before execting the line, then switch to True after the
lines execute. Unfortunately the problem line
.DisplayFullScreen = False
shows the value True both before and after executing the line. I seem to
have the same trouble with .DisplayHeadings and .DisplayFormulaBar.

Perhaps my computer is haunted... :)

Thanks for sticking in there with me.

"Peter T" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I assume the 'debugged' application settings your referring to are small
screen tips that appear with the current value of the property, right?

I wrote 'debugged' to mean whatever method of returning the application
properties serves you best. If you can see the Intellisence - I assume
that's what you mean by "small screen tips" - that's fine. Otherwise write
the properties to a variable, eg

b = .DisplayFullScreen
msgbox b
or
Debug.? b
the ? will change to Print, press ctrl-g to see the Immediate window

Another way - paste following in the Immediate window
? .DisplayFullScreen

when you get to a suitable point, say after "With Application", place the
curser after the DisplayFullScreen and hit enter, then repeat after changing
the property (again put cusor to end of line before hitting enter).

To your main question,
.DisplayFullScreen = False
shows the value True both before and after executing the line.

hmm, seems odd. Some application settings can only be changed if an
ActiveSheet is visible, but that's not the issue here.

Make a new test workbook with absolute minimum code to recreate the problem.
If you can recreate the problem describe exactly what you have done, the
entire scenario together with all code (ie the stripped down test wb code)