Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
pai pai is offline

Default want help

hi

This is my first post ever.

I m a new user of excel. Recently i have working on excel.When this
problem occurs.

My problem is that I have a data in one sheet. Which has cities wise
data.And some cells are merge. I have to copy the one city (NEW DELHI)
data into another sheet.
I make the autofilter in the sheet and find the city i:e NEW DELHI

Now the problem started with me is that when i copy the filter data an

ERROR MESSAGE DISPLAY:- CANNOT CHANGE THE PART OF A MERGE CELL.
Is it possible to copy and then paste into another sheet this type of
data.Without unmerge the cell. Because it is not possible to me first
i unmerge the data and then copy& paste because it is huge data apprm.
1025columns about 120 are merged cell

ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATE
THANKS
HARDEEP (PAI)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
pai pai is offline

On Jan 28, 7:46*pm, pai wrote:
[...]

Dear sir,

I have not recevied any solution yet now

Pls try to understand my problem
Pls revert this mail

ASAP
I will be very great ful to you.

THANKS
HARDEEP (PAI)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Please give a better subject line.
E.g. "Problem copying to merged cells"

Maybe this will help:
' instead of this
Cells(1, 1).Copy Cells(2, 1) ' gives error
' this works to merged or unmerged cells
Cells(1, 1).Copy Cells(2, 1).MergeArea
Dave D-C

pai wrote:
On Jan 28, 7:46*pm, pai wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
pai pai is offline

Dear sir,

Thanks for the soultion, But i cannot understand

So, pls tell me in brief

I there any formula or just copy & paste.

pai wrote:
On Jan 28, 7:46*pm, pai wrote:
[...]

HARDEEP (PAI)- Hide quoted text -