Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default combobox change fires on workbook close when textcol <1 or -1

i am using a combobox activex control with listfillrange of two columns of
data.
when i set the textcolumn property to 2 or 0 the combobox change event fires
when the workbook is closed. it does not fire if i set the textcolumn to 1 or
-1.
why?
i like to set the textcolumn = 2 to display the data in the 2nd col but i
dont want the
combobox to fire just because the user is closing the workbook.

can it be done?

Thank you for any help you can provide.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Weird Excel problem. The only thing I can think of is that you set a flag
in BeforeClose (since it runs before the combobox change event) and check it
in the change event code:

--
Jim
"sophie" wrote in message
|i am using a combobox activex control with listfillrange of two columns of
| data.
| when i set the textcolumn property to 2 or 0 the combobox change event
fires
| when the workbook is closed. it does not fire if i set the textcolumn to 1
or
| -1.
| why?
| i like to set the textcolumn = 2 to display the data in the 2nd col but i
| dont want the
| combobox to fire just because the user is closing the workbook.
|
| can it be done?
|
| Thank you for any help you can provide.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

i like your idea. Thank you.