Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cannot Edit Active-X Control

Hello All,
I'm trying to update the programming on an excel sheet and have hit a
strange problem with the active-X controls - The cannot be edited !
If I insert a new control from the forms toolbar the new ones behave as
expected.
The controls already on the sheet, a couple of combos and buttons, do not
respond to a right click to put them into design mode.
The combos had their own contents list (pick from list) but now after
clearing cell contents this list is now blank.
I'm saying these controls are combos, but they seem to be integrated into
the cell, rather than 'floating' above as you get with a normal Active-X.

I'm using Office2000 and the sheets are from an unknown original source - I
know it is 'clean', just not the version of excel it started with.
Possibly related, there are a mixture of comment fields, some behave
normally, others do not show the red corner marker on the cell they are
attached to, and these will not allow themselves to be edited. Selecting
edit comment simply brings up a new comment balloon as well as the original.

I've tried editing the sheet in Office 2003 - same result, and taking it
back to Office95 loses all the macro modules.

Any ideas ?

Cheers,

Ron Barnett