Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Selecting a range after activating a worksheet

I have a file with 10 diffrent tabs. Depending on the option button chosen
on the first tab, certain columns need to be hiddein or revealed on a second
tab. I'm getting an 'application-defined or object-defined error' when it
tries to select a range on the newly activated worksheet. Can someone tell
me what I'm doing wrong?

If Opt1 = True Then
Range("SampleStrat").EntireRow.Hidden = False
Range("UnstratSample").EntireRow.Hidden = True
Worksheets("Sample Evaluation").Activate
Range("StratEval").Select (This is where it
errors out)
Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = False
Range("UnstratEval").Select
Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = True
Worksheets("Sample Calc").Activate
--
JP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Never mind! I figured out my error.

--
JP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

JPCPA,

Just out of curiosity, what was your error.

I briefly looked at your post to see if I could figure it out.

Thanks,

Conan

"JPCPA" wrote in message
Never mind! I figured out my error.

--
JP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The initial macro is being called from an option button. when I created the
macro, it put it on the excel object for sheet1. I was trying to activate
sheet2 and hide columns on sheet2 from here. When I put the piece of the
macro to hide the columns for sheet2 in a module instead, it worked. I end
up with two macros instead of one, as shown below. I'm sure there's probably
a better way to do things, but I'm not that familiar with programming in
Excel.

Private Sub opt1_Click()
If Opt1 = True Then
ActiveSheet.Unprotect
Range("SampleStrat").EntireRow.Hidden = False
Range("UnstratSample").EntireRow.Hidden = True
Application.Run ("Module1.HideUnstrat")

Sub HideStrat()
Sheets("Sample Evaluation").Select
ActiveSheet.Unprotect
Columns("B:D").Select
Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = True
Columns("E:E").Select
Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = False
ActiveSheet.Protect Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True,
AllowFormattingCells:=True
Worksheets("Sample Calc").Select