Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Examples of "Front Office" usage of Excel

I wouldn't pretend to know what an advertisement means by front office,
having been mostly a back office type for most of my career. As far as what
Excel is used for, you can pretty much answer that by looking at the postings
on this site.

"dransfield" wrote:

I'm currently trying to get into banking "Front Office" jobs here in
London. I see a lot of juicey jobs advertised for "Excel, VBA Front
Office developer" often also asking for C#, but nearly always asking
for previous front office experience.

As I haven't got any front office experience, but have been a (non-
banking) Excel developper for 10+ years, and so I'm trying to find out
what sort of things Excel is used for in front office, so that I can
familiarise myself with them, read up on the areas to skill-up on,
and to be able to say intelligent things at interview, etc.

Could anyone point me to examples, or just a brain-dump of stuff
they've done in front office, tips on getting in there, etc.

Any help greatly appreciated,
Best Regards,
Mark