Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disable all toolbars apart from custom toobar

Hi
I am using the following to disable all command bars when opening up my
worksheet within the Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Dim oCB As CommandBar
For Each oCB In Application.CommandBars
oCB.Enabled = False
Next oCB
End Sub

And setting it to True when I close the workbook within Private Sub
Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean).

I then wanted to enable my custom toolbar when all the others are disabled,
but I get an error. So to get around this, I used

Application.CommandBars(" comand bar name ").Enabled = True/False to switch
off and switch back on what I wanted

The problem is, I also use SaveCopyAs to give the worksheets a unique name
when they are saved. When they close, the beforeclose event kicks in and my
original workbook remains there with all toolbars visible.

Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Lisa

From
http://www.rondebruin.nl/menuid.htm

You can do

Sub Disable_Command_Bars_2()
'This will disable all BuiltIn Command bars
Dim Cbar As CommandBar
For Each Cbar In Application.CommandBars
If Cbar.BuiltIn = True Then
Cbar.Enabled = False
End If
Next
End Sub

Sub Enable_Command_Bars_2()
'This will Enable all BuiltIn Command bars
Dim Cbar As CommandBar
For Each Cbar In Application.CommandBars
If Cbar.BuiltIn = True Then
Cbar.Enabled = True
End If
Next
End Sub

The problem is, I also use SaveCopyAs to give the worksheets a unique name

You can set
Application.EnableEvents = False to disable the events
Set it to true when the code is ready

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm