Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to capture the cell above

I am trying to wirte a sheet that will plot position vs time for two different time intervals, but I need to capture a value when it changes from interval 1 to interval 2. In the case below, I need to capture the 5, but it won't always be in that cell.

I'd really apprecitate any suggestions. THANKS!!

This worksheet will plot position vs. time and velocity vs. time for two time intervals up to
100 seconds.

Time 1 From 0 sec to: 2.00 sec
Time 2 From 2s to: 50.00 sec

Starting position: 50.0 m
Starting velocity: -22.50 m/s

Acceleration from 0 to 2s: 0.00 m/s^2
Acceleration from 2s to 50s: 5.00 m/s^2

time (s) position(m)
Interval 1 0 50
Interval 1 0.1 47.75
Interval 1 0.2 45.5
Interval 1 0.3 43.25
Interval 1 0.4 41
Interval 1 0.5 38.75
Interval 1 0.6 36.5
Interval 1 0.7 34.25
Interval 1 0.8 32
Interval 1 0.9 29.75
Interval 1 1 27.5
Interval 1 1.1 25.25
Interval 1 1.2 23
Interval 1 1.3 20.75
Interval 1 1.4 18.5
Interval 1 1.5 16.25
Interval 1 1.6 14
Interval 1 1.7 11.75
Interval 1 1.8 9.5
Interval 1 1.9 7.25
Interval 1 2 5
Interval 2 2.1
Interval 2 2.2

--
Jeff Ciaccio
Physics and AP Physics Teacher
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub findandoffset()
Range("c2") = Columns(1).Find(2, lookat:=xlPart).Offset(-1, 1)

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Jeff Ciaccio" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

After OP clarified to look in col b for 1.9, 2, 2.1

Sub findandoffset1()
For i = Cells(Rows.count, 2).End(xlUp).Row To 2 Step -1
'MsgBox Int(Cells(i, 2))
If Int(Cells(i, 2)) < Int(Cells(i - 1, 2)) Then
Range("c1") = Cells(i, 3)
Exit For
End If
Next i

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Don Guillett" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It seems that Interval1 ends from a user input time and is plotted in ..1s intervals. So it takes 2s/.1s for Interval 1 to elapse. That is 20. So interval 1 will end 20 cells below the start time cell. If the start time cell is D14, then the end cell is D34.

Sub Interval_1()
Dim MyVal As Variant
Dim intrvl1 As Long, CellCnt As Long

intrvl1 = Range("C4").Value 'user input cell
CellCnt = intrvl1 / 0.1
MyVal = Cells(14 + CellCnt, 4).Value '14 is start row
End Sub

Mike F