Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
FJ FJ is offline

Default Help with Excel Add-in

Hi, Bob, no, none of those things apply. I think I'm very foggy on how this
whole add-in thing is supposed to work. At some points when I try to run a
macro I've saved in an xla file, I get a message about a macro book that
cannot be found, even though the code itself is sitting open in the VB
Editor. It will say something like, "The macro 'Book1.xls!Name of Macro'
cannot be found".

I'm very confused. I must be doing something very wrong, but I don't know
what.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

They won't be listed if
- the procedures are private
- the procedures are Functions not subs
- the procedures have arguments
- the module has Option Private Module at the head

Do any of these application

--
---
HTH

Bob

"FJ" wrote in message
Hi, Bob, thanks for your response. Actually, the thing is that when I
open a
new workbook and go into the VBE, I can see the macro code, but I can't
see
the macros listed when I go to dialog box under Tools, Macro, Macros on
the
worksheet itself. Shouldn't they be listed in that dialog box if the
add-in
is loaded correctly?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Howdy you know that it is not added? I ask this because adding are not
visible workbooks. Check in the VBIDE to see if it is there.

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"FJ" wrote in message
Hi, I'm very new to VBA and I'm trying to create an add-in. The
problem
is,
after I've created it, I can't seem to load it correctly so that the
macros
will be available to other workbooks. I have read several pages of
step
by
step instructions online that are very good and very detailed, but in
the
end, I still can't seem to get it to work. I've done the following:

- Created the add-in.
- Renamed the VBAProject in the properties window.
- Saved the add-in in c:\documents and settings\John Doe\Application
Data\Microsoft\AddIns.
- Set the reference to the add-in from the Tools, References box in the
VB
editor.
- Made sure the box is checked in Tools, Add-Ins on the Excel
worksheet.

I'm probably missing something very obvious, but since VBA is all very
new
to me, I'm not sure what.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

P.S., sorry if this is a duplicate post. I tried to post a while ago
and
got an error message. Not sure if it went through twice.