Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default "Compile error in hidden module: Addition" what does it mean?!?!?

Can any one tell me what the following error message means

"Compile error in hidden module: Addition"

The macro transfers values from text boxes and inserts into various
cells after scrolling down to find the first available empty cell

The macro was written with the aid of "Macros for dumbies" and I'm a
complete novice so there are probably errors all over the place, but
the macro has been working for about a year and then suddenly stopped
working

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The module named Addition is in a workbook's project that has been protected.

You'll have to unprotect that project (maybe supplying a password!) to find the
error.

And my bet is that if you're adding something, you've been typing in numbers in
those textboxes for a year. Now you may be typing in something that doesn't
look like a number to excel.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Did you just upgrade to Excel 2007? I've had a number of things which worked
for a long time in previous versions suddenly start to produce errors like
this in 2007.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP