Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Add data range to a specific tab based on "Sheet Name"

I currently have a macro (script below) which copy&pastes a data range(from
"CashEntry"
sheet, cells $C$2:$P$3) to the bottom of a list (on another sheet
""CashTransferRecord") .

How can I do this with multiple sheets instead of just one sheet named
"CashTransferRecord"? Basically, I want macro to look at cell X2 on
"CashEntry" tab to identify the tab's name where i want the data range to be
added to. I want to add data records to a multiple selection of tabs solely
based on the name in cell X2. Can you help?

Your help is very appreciated!
_________________________________

Sub CopyPasteOntoDatabase()

Sheets("CashTransferRecord").Select
If Cells(2, 3).Value = Empty Then
Worksheets("CashEntry").Range("$C$2:$P$3").Copy
Worksheets("CashTransferRecord").Range("C2").Paste Special
(xlPasteValues)
Else
Worksheets("CashEntry").Range("$C$2:$P$3").Copy
Worksheets("CashTransferRecord").Range("C65000").E nd(xlUp).Offset(1,
0).Cells.PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 8 Jan., 04:24, Brice wrote:
[...]

Hi

If entry in X2 is equal to a sheetname then you can use something like
this.

shName=range("X2").value
sheets(shName).range("C2").pastespecial(xlPasteVal ues)

Note that it will be case sensitive.

//Per