Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Count positive value

Hi,

I Need a formula to count all the positive values with an addtioonal
condition.

Example -
Column A Column B
100 A
200- A
300 A
400 B

In The above case i need the formula to get me the count all the
positive figures with a "A" in column B.

Thanks,
Thyag
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use a formula like the following:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A50)*(B1:B5="A"))

Change the A1:A5 and B1:B5 references to the appropriate ranges.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Thyag" wrote in message

I Need a formula to count all the positive values with an addtioonal
condition.

Example -
Column A Column B
100 A
200- A
300 A
400 B

In The above case i need the formula to get me the count all the
positive figures with a "A" in column B.

Thanks,
Thyag

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

something like to sum a above 0
=sumproduct((a2:a220)*(b2:b22="a")*(a2:a22))
to just count
=sumproduct((a2:a220)*(b2:b22="a"))

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Thyag" wrote in message

I Need a formula to count all the positive values with an addtioonal
condition.

Example -
Column A Column B
100 A
200- A
300 A
400 B

In The above case i need the formula to get me the count all the
positive figures with a "A" in column B.

Thanks,
Thyag

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try something like this:

=SUMPRODUCT(ISNUMBER(A1:A10)*(A1:A100)*(B1:B10="A "))

I originally tried
=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100)*(B1:B10="A"))

BUT....
if Col_A contains text (even an apostrophe)
with a corresponding "A" in Col_B

Example:
A5: Ron
B5: A

....That pair is counted.

Does that help?
Post back if you have more questions.
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"Thyag" wrote in message

I Need a formula to count all the positive values with an addtioonal
condition.

Example -
Column A Column B
100 A
200- A
300 A
400 B

In The above case i need the formula to get me the count all the
positive figures with a "A" in column B.

Thanks,
Thyag

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Thyag" wrote in message

I Need a formula to count all the positive values with an addtioonal
condition.

Example -
Column A * * * * Column B

In The above case i need the formula to get me the count all the
positive figures with a "A" in column B.

Thanks,
Thyag- Hide quoted text -

Thanks all for your help.