Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Shapes!

Hi All
I have a number of charts embedded on a worksheet. I understand that each
chart is part of the shapes collection. e.g. Shapes("Chart28"). The number
allocated to each chart seems to defined by Excel as new charts are added,
even if one or more are deleted Excel still creates the next higher number
in the sequence.

Questions:
1. Can I renumber these charts, to start from 1 to the number of charts on
the sheet?

2. I have tried changing some of the chart attributes using code but it
appears I have to select a chart before I can do this. Is this true or is
there another way?

3. Some of my charts have a range of values (say 12 one for each month),
with associated data for the first series. I wish to add a new series based
on one value in a single cell with that value being used for each of the
categories (in other words add a straight reference line). Rather than
repeat the value in a range of cells how would I do this?

Nigel