Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default xl probs.

Looking for help in solving several problems with a spreadsheet I am
working on.
I have spent a lot of time on the Microsoft site trying to find
answers.
1.Would like to hide the 0 (which appears when a date is not known at
a certain time)in a cell when calculating the No.of days i.e A1 date
entered,B1 date exited, C1 =B1-A1.
2.Would also like to hide the word "FALSE" which is returned in a
column of arguments if the argument does not exist.
3.The last one is a bit more complicated. Trading shares in foreign
currencies - I want to calculate the Foreign Currency Rate Movement in
Aust.$ if a share is not bought & sold the same day.
i.e. A1=share price in foreign currency,B1=Entry Exchange Rate, C3 =
Total cost in that currency (A1/B1) although this is also difficult if
the exchange rate is greater than 1 as the formula then needs to be
(A1*B1) don't want to have to go down the column & change when
necessary. Exit is the same as entry with prices for exiting used. The
foreign currency rate movement mentioned above is the difference
between the entry & exit cost.
Thanks in anticipation. Oldie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You have a couple of options here.

1) With an IF statement
= IF (YourCalculation=FALSE,"",YourCalculation)
Replace the FALSE with your condition.
2) Using a conditional format. Example is for the FALSE condition.
Select all cells that potentially could show FALSE
Format - Conditional Formatting
Cell Value is ... Equal To ... FALSE
Change the font color to WHITE.

I'm not sure I understand your 3rd question.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt