Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default MACRO TO GET BALANCE FIGURE

Situation:-
I have Data in column "G" and "H" (please see belwo)
G H
G68 3980.00
C47 -4000.00
ME4 -200.00
ME4 200.00
PG2 1200.00

I have "VLOOKUP" formula in column "B" that when ever I put
value in any cell of column "A" then it should lookup that value in
columns "G" and "H" and get value from 2nd column or column "H".
Like if I put "G68" in any cell of column "A" then in column "B"
formula
should bring up value next to "G68" which will be "3980.00". Then
in column "D" I have another formula which is "=B1-C1". Which gives
balance when I put any value in coloumn "C". Like if I have value of
"3980.00" in one of column "B" cells and when I put value of
"1000.00"
in next cell of coloumn "C" then I get balance of "2980.00" by formula
in
column "D".

Macro needed:-
I need a macro that when I get balance in column "D" as above
mentioned "2980.00" and if I put "G68" again in any cell of
column "A" then macro should bring up the balance in column "B"
which was "2980.00". Because of the orginal budget was "3980.00"
and I have taken "1000.00" as mentioned above and now I want macro
to bring balance of budget if I put "G68" again in column "A".
Please note that I mentioned "G68" just to explain the situation
but it can be any value from column "G" (see table above)
I hope you understood what I am trying to say can any one please
help me in this. Thanks