Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Showing text on A Userform

Are text boxes and labels the only controls that will display text on
a Form?

If you use a label is there any way it can have vertical scroll bars?

Can a text box display text at the start of text, rather then the end?
(And I think you *must* leave the cursor visible - is this correct?)

Thanks - Kirk
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"kirkm" wrote:

Are text boxes and labels the only controls that will display text on
a Form?

If you use a label is there any way it can have vertical scroll bars?

Can a text box display text at the start of text, rather then the end?
(And I think you *must* leave the cursor visible - is this correct?)

Thanks - Kirk

Interesting questions,
there are other controls that can show text,

For what purpose would you want a scroll bar on a label?
You can probably have a scroll bar control a labels caption

You can set a textbox up so it diplays text when the userform shows, in the
textbox properties window

leaving cursor visible? whats up with that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 01:39:01 -0800, Dave
wrote:

there are other controls that can show text,

Can you give a bit more info?

For what purpose would you want a scroll bar on a label?
You can probably have a scroll bar control a labels caption

When the text in the label has too many lines to view the whole thing,
so you can scroll down to read it. I don't know the sizebeforehand,
altthough the number of lines could be counted.

I couldn't quite see how (if?) the scrollbars on the Form were tied to
the label.

You can set a textbox up so it diplays text when the userform shows, in the
textbox properties window

Not sure exactly what you mean there, the text is visible as intended
- but with limitations.

leaving cursor visible? whats up with that?

I think I've asked this before and there's no solution. When
displaying text that doesn't need editing, the cursor is annoying and
unnecessary. To not have one is visually more pratical, and tidy.

That, plus the text being shown at the bottom, rather than the start
of text (where you'd normally read it from) are why I'm looking for
alternatives.

Thanks - Kirk