Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Catastrophic Failure -2147418113 Lost Project

I spent about 8 hours coding a form, set the workbooks on open property to
show the form. Saved and closed the file, when I re-opened I get System Error
&H8000FFF Catastrophic Failure. Using XL V. 11.8146.8132. The repaired file
shows an error log that says 'lost vb project' and my form is gone. Are
excels vb forms totally unreliable or was it something else?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gone, lost forever. Was likely the result of:

A live data odbc connection

Connected to the form, which used a chart that was being dynamically updated
by the live odbc connection. When the workbook opened, the odbc wasn't yet
refreshed and the chart tried to draw.

But darn, losing all my code for 1 flakey msft error, that's not fair.