Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default 1 file- multiple headers, move columns to match first header

I don't know the best approach to this, I'm interested in some direction. I
have multiple text files all with there own headers. I can easily compile X
amount of files into one large text file to auto import into excel. However,
I'm unsure this is the best approach because all the columns in the different
files do not have the same header positions (and subsequent data underneath).
The header titles are the same but not their positions. Assume I have a text
file with headers 1 2 3 4 and one with 1 3 4 2. I want to be able to clean up
the columns in the compiled file within excel to have the first part of the
data 1 2 3 4 and the the second part of the data underneath move columns to
match 1 2 3 4. Should I not compile the file and perform clean up before or
should I do the clean up in the larger file. Any advice would be appreciated.