Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Server Calculated Members in Excel 2007

Hello!
I'm using Excel as OLAP browser of SSAS'2005 database. It is impossible for
me using CalculatedMembers.Add VBA technique to add my custom CM, because
this .Add method do not supports universal MDX language construction

With Member ... as ...

(I'm lack on MDX-based coloring and formatting functionality with .Add method)

So I have to declare calculated members in my Cube during it's design. I add
calculated members not to Measures, but into my Dimensions:

CREATE MEMBER MyCube.[My Dimension].[My Attributes].[All].MyMember as ...

So, my Excel users needs more than one report, and in one report some there
is need to visualize some calculated members, while in another report there
is need to visualize another members. But when I set the checkbox in pivot
table setup to show calculated members from SSAS, ALL members are shown
simultaneousely, and they are greyed in a list of dimension attribute
members, so I cannot uncheck one of them and leave only needed members. It is
a great problem for me. Is there any solution or workaround of my problem?

Thank you.
Dmitry Zholobov