Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Database Search Function

I am having trouble coming up with the correct function coeding for
this Excel database. I know I would need to use IF, VLOOKUP, INDEX and
ROW. But in what order and how I just cant seem to get it. When you
open the file you will see the sheet called Search and then there is
another sheet (Data) where I have all the info. I would like to type
in the blanks what I am looking for and it will search threw the data
and pull all the ones with the criteria's I need and show them under
Result.

Thank you in advance.
BR,
John

Here is the File.
http://www.mediafire.com/?1xbte8mt9w3
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

SORRY this is the right link to the file.....

http://www.mediafire.com/?9g2doldmjtj
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Take a look at Advanced Filter, extracting data to another sheet.
Debra Dalgleish has some examples, and some code to automate the procedure.

http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ExtractWs
--

Regards
Roger Govier

"FinlandGuy" wrote in message
I am having trouble coming up with the correct function coeding for
this Excel database. I know I would need to use IF, VLOOKUP, INDEX and
ROW. But in what order and how I just cant seem to get it. When you
open the file you will see the sheet called Search and then there is
another sheet (Data) where I have all the info. I would like to type
in the blanks what I am looking for and it will search threw the data
and pull all the ones with the criteria's I need and show them under
Result.

Thank you in advance.
BR,
John

Here is the File.
http://www.mediafire.com/?1xbte8mt9w3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The reason for doing it this way is because different people are going
to use it and I have to make it as simple as possible. It needs to be
simple to update so everyone can easily add the data. I have tried it
with the advance filter and it has not worked as I wanted it to. They
need the GUI to show them what to do. I guess im trying to say that I
need this idiot proof.

BR,
John