Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc, microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.vsnet.general, microsoft.public.dotnet.general,microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp

Default Pure .NET Office add-in vs VSTO solutions

Greetings all,
(sorry for cross posting, but i think the groups included are
relevant...if you know of a more relevant group, please let me know)

I am looking for your experiences with these two approaches to
providing office based solutions using dotnet:

1. building office solutions via a VS2005 shared add-ins
2. building office solutions via VS2005 + VSTO Second Edition

I have seen many articles comparing VSTO and VSTO S.E., but not many
weighing
the pros and cons of a vs2005 only solution vs. VSTO. In
particular,
i am looking for what pitfalls you have encountered and how difficult
and robust the work arounds were that solved your issues.

I am not too concerned about creating a shim wrapper for the VS2005
solution, so i do not consider that a disadvantage. It seems to me
that VSTO SE pretty much offers what a pure VS2005 add-in would
offer,
that is, application level add-ins. If that is so, why would i want
to go the VS2005 only way?

Thank you kindly
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello,