Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Select and copy certain tabs using macro

Oops wrong thread

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Don Guillett" wrote in message news:...
Try this idea instead
=SUM(U7:OFFSET(U7,0,d3-1))

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"FLORERO" wrote in message
I had already tried that. Thanks.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

WithOUT testing how about newbook.xls

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"FLORERO" wrote in message
I am working with a workbook in Excel 2003 that has over 40 tabs
(worksheets). Each worksheet is a department report and each
department
has 4
reports. The last report is the one I need to select for each
department
and
copy it into a new workbook. The name of the worksheets to be selected
copied
and pasted is "xxxxx-RSS Upload" where x is the department number. I
was
trying to find a property that could only select the "Upload" part of
the
worksheet name as a common denominator to select multiple worksheets
that
end
with that text string. I started of like this:

Sub Macro3()
Dim ws As Worksheet
For Each ws In Worksheets
If UCase(Right(Trim(ws.Name), 6)) = "UPLOAD" Then
ws.Select
ws.Copy After:=Workbooks("newbook"). _
Worksheets(Workbooks("newbook").Worksheets.Count)
End If
Next ws

End Sub

The Macro stops and gets error '9': Subscript out of range

The debugger directs me to the following line:
ws.Copy After:=Workbooks("newbook"). _
Worksheets(Workbooks("newbook").Worksheets.Count)

If I remove this line the Macro works fine selecting only the tabs i
want,
so I know I am halfway in the right direction. Can anybody come up
with a
solution for this??? Thanks in advance for your help