Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Repost - CommandBarButtons not responding

Several days ago, I posted a couple of messages about this subject, and have
not gotten any responses that help resolve the issue, so let me repost.

I have an Excel application that is using a Userform to capture data and put
it into a hidden spreadsheet (this works great). As part of that app, I have
a couple of popup menus that are raised when a user clicks on a label on my
form. Up until about 3 days ago, one of the command bars was working
properly, but then started to act up in two ways.

1. I have a CommandBarButton that when I change the state between
msoButtonDown and msoButtonUp, should show/hide a checkmark in front of the
button. As I indicated before, this was working, but no longer is (although)
the state value does change properly and can be checked via code.

2. I have two other buttons that I am trying to either enable/disable based
on which tab of a multipage tab control is visible. But the commands to
enable/disable the control are not having an effect on either the display or
the function of these buttons. If they are enabled, and I disable them, they
remain enabled and continue to function when clicked.

I have added some error handling to the routines that find and manipulate
these command bar controls, but the errors never fire. The code properly
finds the control and appears to set the properties, but has not effect on
the actual commandbar.

This is an application that will be forwarded to about 20 different
organizations, and I would really like it to work properly.

I've thought about using the label control to delete and then recreate these
controls from the command bar, but hate to keep modifying the commandbar
after the forms instantiation.

In Access, I'd just create a blank (clean) database and copy everything from
one database to the other, at least as a first step, but am not familiar with
an easy way to accomplish this within Excel.

Your help, recommendations, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I
am spending way too much time trying to figure out why this stopped working.
--
Don''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful!

Email address is not valid.
Please reply to newsgroup only.