Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using the outcome of cell A in a formula in cell B as a worksheet

Cell A displays text based on an IF statement. for example: "Water"

I then have a worksheet titled "Water" and would like cell B to use the text
displayed in Cell A ("Water") to look at a cell reference on the "Water"
worksheet.

So the worksheet reference in cell B's formula is dynamically changing based
on the text in cell A.

Is this possible.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Look in HELP for the INDIRECT() function

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Upgrade" wrote in message ...
| Cell A displays text based on an IF statement. for example: "Water"
|
| I then have a worksheet titled "Water" and would like cell B to use the text
| displayed in Cell A ("Water") to look at a cell reference on the "Water"
| worksheet.
|
| So the worksheet reference in cell B's formula is dynamically changing based
| on the text in cell A.
|
| Is this possible.
|
| Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=INDIRECT(A1&"!B9")

to get cell B9 from the sheet displayed in A1
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200758