Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement, microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default changing location of words either in word or excel

I have a list of songs in doc format. They are written like this:

artist - song
song - artist

I want to have the entire list in artist - song format. Is there a
way to either import it into excel so that the song and artist are
seperated into different columns (like - delimited or something) so
that I can just switch them. OR is there a way to do this in word?

On Nov 20, 5:11 pm, Ratedr wrote:
I have a list of songs in doc format. They are written like this:

artist - song
song - artist

I want to have the entire list in artist - song format. Is there a
way to either import it into excel so that the song and artist are
seperated into different columns (like - delimited or something) so
that I can just switch them. OR is there a way to do this in word?

Hi
Excel can do a lot with text strings, but how can it decide which text
is a song and which is an artist? (is there a number in the songs, a
comma in the artist name that kind of thing?)

regards
Paul