Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default OnTime Event Scheduled?

Excel must have an internal mechanism for managing any OnTime events I have
scheduled. Is it possible for me to interrrogate Excel to find out what if
any OnTime Events are currently scheduled? I have searched the help files and
come up with nothing. I found Fred Cumming's OnTime Event Management module
on the web which by implication suggests the answer is no, but I would like
an exlicit answer please even if it turns out still to be no.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I cannot give an explicit answer, but my guess is no, I have never seen it
or found it. That is why it is necessary to keep track of any that you start
so that you can kill them when you want to shutdown.

--
HTH

Bob

"Lionel H" wrote in message
Excel must have an internal mechanism for managing any OnTime events I
have
scheduled. Is it possible for me to interrrogate Excel to find out what if
any OnTime Events are currently scheduled? I have searched the help files
and
come up with nothing. I found Fred Cumming's OnTime Event Management
module
on the web which by implication suggests the answer is no, but I would
like
an exlicit answer please even if it turns out still to be no.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob, thanks for the rapid response. My reason for asking is in fact because I
never intentionally shut down. I have a routine which wakes up every workday
morning at 0600hrs does some stuff and schedules itself to run again at 0600
on the following working morning. During the day, I do other stuff with Excel
and find that under some circumstances (testing and breaking new code mostly)
I can inadvertantly cause the event to be cancelled. What I had hoped I could
do was check that the event was still scheduled before knocking off for the
day, and if not, re-schedule it.
Thanks anyway.
regards,
Lionel H

"Lionel H" wrote in message
Excel must have an internal mechanism for managing any OnTime events I
have
scheduled. Is it possible for me to interrrogate Excel to find out what if
any OnTime Events are currently scheduled? I have searched the help files
and
come up with nothing. I found Fred Cumming's OnTime Event Management
module
on the web which by implication suggests the answer is no, but I would
like
an exlicit answer please even if it turns out still to be no.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That's very odd. My experience is that I can't get rid of the darn things
when I am testing and such, I start Ontime tasks off and don't track them
properly, and I have no idea what is firing and when. I cannot recall having
seen a situation where I inadvertently destroy an scheduled task.

As I say, I think you are out of luck, but I would also be interested to
hear if I am wrong.

--
HTH

Bob

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

I cannot give an explicit answer, but my guess is no, I have never seen
it
or found it. That is why it is necessary to keep track of any that you
start
so that you can kill them when you want to shutdown.

--
HTH

Bob

addy)