Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to create XLA?

Hello,

I have an Excel file with macro. Can I create an Excel addin (XLA) with
that macro, and how?

I was playing around creating XLA by creating a macro Custom Menu Item in
the Customize section of Excel. Then I attached the macro to the menu item
and dragged the menu item into the Tools menu list. Then I saved the Excel
file as .XLA. It saved in the XLA directory in C:.

When I click on the addin under Tools, I got a Security Warnings window.

First of all, am I supposed to receive the Security Warnings window? All
the Excel addins that I have seen do not have the Security Warnings windows.
Did I do something wrong? How can I avoid it?

Secondly, did I do it correctly as far as creating an XLA?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

First read:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/createaddin.aspx