Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default compare 2 xl sheet with same data

I wanto to complain 2 XL sheets.
Dat is the same but columns are layout in a different order.
Column headings are the same.
All tools thatI found in the knowledge base are based on same layout
comparison.
Want to spot differences between file 1 and file 2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

You could sort both sheets first, so their column order is the same.
Mark all columnsDataSortSelect my data has HeadersOptionsLeft to
RightOK

Then carry out the comparison.
Do the work on a copy of your original sheets if you want to preserve their
column layout

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"stratis" wrote in message
I wanto to complain 2 XL sheets.
Dat is the same but columns are layout in a different order.
Column headings are the same.
All tools thatI found in the knowledge base are based on same layout
comparison.
Want to spot differences between file 1 and file 2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Even if the order of the records is the same in both fiiles the Columns are
differently arranged in the 2 files. ie A Column is VALUE in File 1. VALUE is
found in column C in file 2. The order of those files with more than 100
colmns cannot be refixed because they are exports from a closed application.
thats why even if I sort the columns this does not help

"stratis" wrote in message
I wanto to complain 2 XL sheets.
Dat is the same but columns are layout in a different order.
Column headings are the same.
All tools thatI found in the knowledge base are based on same layout
comparison.
Want to spot differences between file 1 and file 2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

That is why I said to Sort the COLUMNS, not the Rows.

If you choose Options on the Sort dialogue, then choose Left to Right, that
sorts the Columns into alphabetic order based on the column heading.

It does not sort the Rows.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"stratis" wrote in message
I wanto to complain 2 XL sheets.
Dat is the same but columns are layout in a different order.
Column headings are the same.
All tools thatI found in the knowledge base are based on same layout
comparison.
Want to spot differences between file 1 and file 2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

IN additin i failed to mentioned that file 2 has a number of columns that do
not exist in file 1 . We know and we ignore during comparison. Thats why
column sorting could not be the solutin . i guse colum correlation and then
running a macro could be the solution