Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default My Type Library is not complete

Dear friends
I used ' Office12\EXCEL.EXE ' as type library fo connecting to the
excel automation .
But this type library dose not support properties and methodes which
belong just
to Excel2007.
How can I do?

Best Regards.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You most likely also need the OFFICE typelib, typically located at
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\MSO.DLL.

Can you provide an example of something that in not in the Excel typelib?

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

wrote in message
Dear friends
I used ' Office12\EXCEL.EXE ' as type library fo connecting to the
excel automation .
But this type library dose not support properties and methodes which
belong just
to Excel2007.
How can I do?

Best Regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

wrote in message

Dear friends
I used ' Office12\EXCEL.EXE ' as type library fo connecting to the
excel automation .
But this type library dose not support properties and methodes which
belong just
to Excel2007.
How can I do?

Best Regards.- Hide quoted text -

Dear Chip Person
Thanks for your attention
I used programattic identifier and vnt1 as a variant for connecting to
Excel automation:
Vnt1:= CreateOLEObject('Excel.Application');

in the code below the TintandShade property didn't support by my excel
server
' Office12\EXCEL.EXE '.

With Sheet1.Range['B2','D4'].Borders.Item[xlEdgeTop] do
begin
LineStyle:= xlContinuous;
ColorIndex:= 0;
// TintAndShade:= 0;
Weight:= xlThin;
end;
also I had some items like this which I couldn't access properties
belong particulary
to Excel2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

wrote in message

[...]

to Excel2007.- Hide quoted text -

Dear Chip Person
I looked for OFFICE12\MSO.DLL but I couldn't find it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I looked for OFFICE12\MSO.DLL but I couldn't find it.

With any workbook open in Excel 2007, go to the VBA editor, press CTRL G to
display the Immediate window, and enter the following and press ENTER:

?ThisWorkbook.VBProject.References("OFFICE").FullP ath

This will display the full path name of the typelib for Office. On my Vista
box, it is