Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Iteration funtion

Hi.

I have a workbook with lots of different sheets. The main idea is that you
input data on the first sheet, the middle ones use that input for different
kind of calculations and the result comes to final sheet.

I would like to make the process iterative so that it would go through
different inputs one at a time and place them in new result cells. The
purpose is to make sensitivity analysis with values like
0,50*input
0,75*input
1,25*input
1,50*input...

So how to make an iterative process to handle this? And if I need to use
VBA, where to out the code?

Please...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Look at the DataTable command.
It takes a bit of patience to read the instructions and set it up, but it works perfectly.
Post again in this thread if you can't get it done

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"DaveFinn" wrote in message ...
| Hi.
|
| I have a workbook with lots of different sheets. The main idea is that you
| input data on the first sheet, the middle ones use that input for different
| kind of calculations and the result comes to final sheet.
|
| I would like to make the process iterative so that it would go through
| different inputs one at a time and place them in new result cells. The
| purpose is to make sensitivity analysis with values like
| 0,50*input
| 0,75*input
| 1,25*input
| 1,50*input...
|
| So how to make an iterative process to handle this? And if I need to use
| VBA, where to out the code?
|
| Please...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Niek, data table seems possible solution.

I think I now understand how it works but what I don't unerstand is the
behaviour of results.

Because this is how it should then look.
2500
0,5 625
0,75 1406,25
1 2500
1,25 3906,25
1,5 5625

But if I try to refer to certain cell ( like =B11 instead of 0,5 etc.) the
results change totally. So I'm not able to change those input values when
running the excel? In this case the figure looks like

2500
0,5 625
0,75 351,5625
1 351,5625