Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DS DS is offline

Default Dynamic Conditional formatting

I am able to format every other row with conditional formatting, but I need
to take it further. The amount of rows update daily and I only want to format
if there is data in that row. (It can look at the first column for a number
1)

So lets say my data is from A5 - N145 today, but tomorrow it may be A5 €“
N205 or A5 €“ N20

I have no problem putting this in a macro where it will first clear all of
the formatting and then reformat accordingly.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DS DS is offline

.... but this is still not dynamic. Unless I am doing it wrong (probably am)
This will highlight every row that is 0
or
every other row that is selected if A50 when I add:
mod(row(),2)=1 to the second condition

I am looking for every other row to be highlighted until the end of the data.

Hope I am clear enough.

Thank you.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

formula is
=if $A50
format as desiredcopy format

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"DS" wrote in message

I am able to format every other row with conditional formatting, but I
need
to take it further. The amount of rows update daily and I only want to
format
if there is data in that row. (It can look at the first column for a
number
1)

So lets say my data is from A5 - N145 today, but tomorrow it may be A5 €“
N205 or A5 €“ N20

I have no problem putting this in a macro where it will first clear all of
the formatting and then reformat accordingly.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DS DS is offline

NEVER MIND!

It is good.

Yes, the way I have it will format the row even if there is no value, but it
willn ot print it. (Not sure why, because I thought when I simply formatted
the every other row manually, it would print just a bunch of shaded blank
rows...?)

Anyway, I think we have it.

THANK YOU!