Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Open error

I'm getting an Open error on trying to start Excel, its a memory error
"0x6500d7ba" with "0x00000006" memory could not be read.

What is going on? I have 2gb of memory. Is it MSOffice or Win2kPro?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Can you post the EXACT text of the err msg?

Thx,
JP

On Nov 6, 8:50 pm, Rick wrote:
I'm getting an Open error on trying to start Excel, its a memory error
"0x6500d7ba" with "0x00000006" memory could not be read.

What is going on? I have 2gb of memory. Is it MSOffice or Win2kPro?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why are you messing things up???????????????????
Isn't the information supplied by OP good enough?
If you have nothing to say: say nothing.
Jack

ups.com...

On Nov 6, 8:50 pm, Rick wrote:
I'm getting an Open error on trying to start Excel, its a memory error
"0x6500d7ba" with "0x00000006" memory could not be read.

What is going on? I have 2gb of memory. Is it MSOffice or Win2kPro?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There could be many causes for that error.
You have to test it yourself.
Start from uninstalling and installling Excel again.
Jack

"Rick" wrote in message
I'm getting an Open error on trying to start Excel, its a memory error
"0x6500d7ba" with "0x00000006" memory could not be read.

What is going on? I have 2gb of memory. Is it MSOffice or Win2kPro?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gentlemen: I already have re-installed MSOffice completly. It seem to be
Excel and not any other issue. During the install I keep getting a
mcsysmon.dll error msg again based on memory. I'm lost for direction. Maybe I
should contact MS Help desk.

"Rick" wrote in message
I'm getting an Open error on trying to start Excel, its a memory error
"0x6500d7ba" with "0x00000006" memory could not be read.

What is going on? I have 2gb of memory. Is it MSOffice or Win2kPro?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I did some testing and found that its the excel workbook thats the problem,
question is how do I recover my workbook?

"Rick" wrote:

I'm getting an Open error on trying to start Excel, its a memory error
"0x6500d7ba" with "0x00000006" memory could not be read.

What is going on? I have 2gb of memory. Is it MSOffice or Win2kPro?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Rick wrote:
I did some testing and found that its the excel workbook thats the problem,
question is how do I recover my workbook?

I'm getting an Open error on trying to start Excel, its a memory error
"0x6500d7ba" with "0x00000006" memory could not be read.

What is going on? I have 2gb of memory. Is it MSOffice or Win2kPro?

I have had this several times,

When excel saves a file, it first creates a file with a reference something
like 60EE1000 (or some other type no's. ...If you can find it, then rename
it to 60EE1000.xls.... then open that file.

You may then have the complete file

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Start from uninstalling and installling Excel again.

Bad advice. There are a lot of other things to do before doing a full
uninstall/install. The problem could be a bad add-in, for example, or a bad
xlb file, things that can be diagnosed in a few minutes and fixed with a few
mouse clicks.

See www.cpearson.com/Excel/StartupErrors.aspx

--
Cordially,