Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Use VBA macro to populate formula result in 'next blank cell'

In a business spreadsheet, every time a predetermined condition is met I need
to record information on a "running" record. Ie. When condition 'A' is met,
copy data to; 'Sheet1!E {nextblank}. As there will be a few things I need to
record, I would like it all on the same row. Each data point will go in a
corresponding column.
*Note; the remainder of the macro will be constructed using the macro
recorder.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I take it that you want this to happen automatically when this
"predetermined condition is met ". You will have to specify when Excel
should check for this condition. Something like; When the contents of cell
XX change, check this and that and act if such and such is the case.
Or;
When the contents of this cell is larger than that cell, act.
Or
Etc.
Post back and provide details about this predetermined condition and how it
is met. HTH Otto
"Lonpuz" wrote in message
In a business spreadsheet, every time a predetermined condition is met I
need
to record information on a "running" record. Ie. When condition 'A' is
met,
copy data to; 'Sheet1!E {nextblank}. As there will be a few things I need
record, I would like it all on the same row. Each data point will go in a
corresponding column.
*Note; the remainder of the macro will be constructed using the macro
recorder.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok Otto.

Here is what I am trying to accomplish. I am tracking rental units. They
can be rented for a term daily to yearly. Everytime a unit is vacated, I
have a macro assigned to a command button to clear the unit information and
populate the "date unit vacated" cell (by referencing a cell containing
{'=today()'}). I also need this command button (same macro) to record some
key info about the former "renter" on a list. Items like; name, phone
number, rental period, etc. Later, this list could be used to reference on a
number of functions of analysis. In essence, it would track the history of
every unit for every day in the past once launched. Make sense? Any idea's?

Thanks,

Lonpuz

"Lonpuz" wrote in message
In a business spreadsheet, every time a predetermined condition is met I
need
to record information on a "running" record. Ie. When condition 'A' is
met,
copy data to; 'Sheet1!E {nextblank}. As there will be a few things I need
record, I would like it all on the same row. Each data point will go in a
corresponding column.
*Note; the remainder of the macro will be constructed using the macro
recorder.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm not sure I understand what you want help with. You say you want to copy
some data, I don't know what data, and you want to paste it somewhere, I
don't know where. You did say that you want the information pasted in the
first blank row. I can help you with finding that row. Below is a snippet
of code for finding that row in Column A of sheet "The Sheet".
With Sheets("The Sheet")
Set Dest=.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
End With
Post back if you need more. Otto

"Lonpuz" wrote in message
In a business spreadsheet, every time a predetermined condition is met
need
to record information on a "running" record. Ie. When condition 'A' is
met,
copy data to; 'Sheet1!E {nextblank}. As there will be a few things I
need
record, I would like it all on the same row. Each data point will go
in a
corresponding column.
*Note; the remainder of the macro will be constructed using the macro
recorder.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think that might work Otto. here is some more "background" to clarify.
When a unit is vacated, I want to attatch a macro to a command button for the
user to clear the unit. The initial part of the macro is easy 4 me, as all I
need to do is tell it to erase some info in a few cells and apply today's
date in the "Unit Vacated" cell. The second part of the macro is the issue.
When the macro runs, I also want it to take a few pieces of information and
record in on a "running" list of unit's vacated. This way the unit history
is recorded, and I can easily identify how many "move in's and move out's"
the business had in; a day. week, quarter, etc... If you need a clearer
example Otto, you can e-mail me @ . I will forward a brief
sample of what I am trying to do.