Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default update validation when change source

Hello,
I used DV0022 in the below link to automatically update a drop-down list in
worksheet 2 whenever I change the source list in worksheet 1.

However, now I have 2 lists - one in worksheet 2 and one in worksheet 3 -
which both use the same validation source list. I tried to adapt the macro,
but it only updates the second list, not both. Is there a way to update more
than one list?

thank you.
Jen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jen
Maybe I'm missing something. You say you have 2 Data Validation cells,
one on each sheet. Then you say that both use the same "validation source
list". If they both use the same source list, then you have only one source
list that you need to update. Where is this "second" source list that you
need to update?
Maybe if you provide a bit more detail. Something like:
I have one DV cell here.
I have another there.
The source list is over there.
I am setting up the DV cell this way (provide a step-by-step).
HTH Otto
"jen_writer" wrote in message
Hello,
I used DV0022 in the below link to automatically update a drop-down list
in
worksheet 2 whenever I change the source list in worksheet 1.

However, now I have 2 lists - one in worksheet 2 and one in worksheet 3 -
which both use the same validation source list. I tried to adapt the
macro,
but it only updates the second list, not both. Is there a way to update
more
than one list?

thank you.
Jen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have one source list, two data lists. e.g., in workseet 1, I have a list
with apples, bananas, and carrots. List A in worksheet 2 and List B in
worksheet 3 both reference this source list.

If I change carrots to pears, I want all occurances of carrots in List A and
List B to update to pears.

does that make more sense?
thanks
Jen