Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Enter in a workbook and copy to another automatically

I work with reports that seem to take an age through double entry. Is it
possible to do the following, and if it is; how?

Enter information into a row of cells in a workbork (A). This same
information then transferred to another workbook (B )in the first available
row, i.e. following on from the previous entry.

Then the information in workbook (B) subclassified by certain entries to be
entered onto other tabbed worksheets within workbook (B), again they must
enter the row following the last entry.

Thanks

Shaun K
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi shaun,

Well, you could partly solve this problem by using normal excel cell
referencing.
That is, every cell in workbook B referencing every cell in workbook A. When
you enter an entry in Workbook A do you skip a few lines sometimes before
entering your next entry. IF this is the case then the records(entries) in
wrokbook B will have empty rows until the next entry. All you would have to
do is apply a auto filter to the data in workbook B to show all non-empty
records.

An alternate method is create a copy of workbook A (at the end of your
working session/day) and simply filter it as you wish creating your wrokbook
B.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Aran

Thanks for that. I will give it a try. I know that Access is probably
better, however my employer like most tends to stay well clear of Access due
to problem encountered when the designer of the database leaves the company.

"Aran Black" wrote:

Hi shaun,

Well, you could partly solve this problem by using normal excel cell
referencing.
That is, every cell in workbook B referencing every cell in workbook A. When
you enter an entry in Workbook A do you skip a few lines sometimes before
entering your next entry. IF this is the case then the records(entries) in
wrokbook B will have empty rows until the next entry. All you would have to
do is apply a auto filter to the data in workbook B to show all non-empty
records.

An alternate method is create a copy of workbook A (at the end of your
working session/day) and simply filter it as you wish creating your wrokbook
B.
Workbook B is actually just a copy of WorkbookB but with the data arranged
slightly differently(more condensed?). Ms Access is good for doing this kind
of thing with data. Excel is good for mathematical manipulation - not data
set manipulation.
Hope that helps. Let me know if you need more help.

Aran Black