Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Max Max is offline

Default Adding to A Collection

Hi -

Here's my latest question. I have created a collection. When I add to that
collection, i use an array to populate from a text file delimited by a pipe
(|):

arrDATA(x) = Split(strNextLine,"|"
collDATA.Add KEY:=strNextCollKey, Item:=arrDATA(x)

So the collection item will take the length of the array. Later, I would
like to attach more data to that collection item, thus increasing it's
length. How can this be accomplished? Do I have to remove the item and add
it again?

--
Thanks!
Max
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If the item is an array yes you do. But why do it that way. why not add each
array item as a single collection item, then you just add new ones without
worrying what is there.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Max" wrote in message
Hi -

Here's my latest question. I have created a collection. When I add to
that
collection, i use an array to populate from a text file delimited by a
pipe
(|):

arrDATA(x) = Split(strNextLine,"|"
collDATA.Add KEY:=strNextCollKey, Item:=arrDATA(x)

So the collection item will take the length of the array. Later, I would
like to attach more data to that collection item, thus increasing it's
length. How can this be accomplished? Do I have to remove the item and
add
it again?

--
Thanks!
Max

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Max Max is offline

I guess I could, but I have a lot of data (15000+ lines) and about 20
"columns" for each line. So I'm trying to use the "2-D" capability of the
collection. Perhapse I'm just not seeing the benefit of assigning each bit
of data as a new collection item... Could you ellaborate?

--
Thanks!
Max