Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Creating COM Objects or Add-Ins from VBA

Hi.

I have a VBA project (Excel 2000) with 11 forms and close to 200 separate
modules (I've maintained a 1:1 relationship between modules and procedures).
I've used public variables, with a couple of exceptions. This application
manipulates PivotTables in order to report out to the user.

I want to be able to compile the code without losing the functionality of
Excel, hence my desire to create a COM add-in.

I've studied various postings in this newsgroup, and sense that
transitioning the code from VBA to VB might be the way to go. Any ideas,
books or resources you'd recommend?

TIA,

Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have several pages related to writing COM Add-Ins using VB6. Start at

http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/CreatingCOMAddIn.aspx

Note that while the code will transfer rather simply, the matter of forms is
different. There is no way to convert a VBA UserForm to VB6 Form. You can
include a UserForm as a Designer, but that is not really a good way to go.
You'd really have to recreate the forms in VB.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson