Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Object LIbrary Versions 11.0 - 10.0

I wrote my workbooks on a newer machine with Object Libraries 11.0.
Some of my co-workers are still using systems that only have Object
Libraries 10.0. How can I make my project usable for them as the are
getting an error when they try to run the workbook macro's.

Don

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As long as you don't use any of the language elements, object, properties,
and methods that were added to version 11, then you code will work in
earlier versions with no changes required.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

wrote in message
ps.com...
I wrote my workbooks on a newer machine with Object Libraries 11.0.
Some of my co-workers are still using systems that only have Object
Libraries 10.0. How can I make my project usable for them as the are
getting an error when they try to run the workbook macro's.

Don

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Oct 31, 10:02 am, "Bob Phillips" wrote:
Always develop in the lowest version of software that you will deploy to.

--
HTH

Bob

wrote in message

ps.com...

I wrote my workbooks on a newer machine with Object Libraries 11.0.
Some of my co-workers are still using systems that only have Object
Libraries 10.0. How can I make my project usable for them as the are
getting an error when they try to run the workbook macro's.

Don- Hide quoted text -

I can appreciate that but here I am with what I have. Is there a way
to take what I have and make it backwards compatible? I have learned
the lesson but I have tried saving it in earlier versions and I still
get the same error. I'm just looking for a fix to the current problem
I have.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is no way to scan code to see what versions with which it a
compatible. The only way to ensure compatibility is to run the code on the
minimum supported version.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel, 10 Years
Pearson Software Consulting
www.cpearson.com
(email on the web site)

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 31, 10:02 am, "Bob Phillips" wrote:
Always develop in the lowest version of software that you will deploy to.

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

wrote in message

ps.com...

I wrote my workbooks on a newer machine with Object Libraries 11.0.
Some of my co-workers are still using systems that only have Object
Libraries 10.0. How can I make my project usable for them as the are
getting an error when they try to run the workbook macro's.

Don- Hide quoted text -

I can appreciate that but here I am with what I have. Is there a way
to take what I have and make it backwards compatible? I have learned
the lesson but I have tried saving it in earlier versions and I still
get the same error. I'm just looking for a fix to the current problem
I have.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Oct 31, 10:10 am, "Chip Pearson" wrote:
As long as you don't use any of the language elements, object, properties,
and methods that were added to version 11, then you code will work in
earlier versions with no changes required.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel, 10 Years
Pearson Software Consultingwww.cpearson.com
(email on the web site)

wrote in message

ps.com...

I wrote my workbooks on a newer machine with Object Libraries 11.0.
Some of my co-workers are still using systems that only have Object
Libraries 10.0. How can I make my project usable for them as the are
getting an error when they try to run the workbook macro's.

Don- Hide quoted text -

Unfortunately, when it tries to run on the older machine I am getting
the following:

When the macro runs the following error appears in a pop-up window.

Compile Error
Can't find project library
with an OK and a Help button (the help button isn't helping)

The terms picSource are then highlighted in yellow showing the error.

With Workbooks("Report.xls").Sheets("Reference")
If .Range("D3").Value = "1" Then
Set picSource = .Pictures("Picture 1")
With Workbooks("NEW-TACS-PLAN-OT.xls")

I have loaded the project on the older machine. When I Alt F11, and
looks at the references it shows Microsoft Outlook 11.0 Object Library
as MISSING.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You have to put the code with an Outlook 10 version on, reset the
references, and save it. Then make any changes on that machine.

--
HTH

Bob

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 31, 10:10 am, "Chip Pearson" wrote:
As long as you don't use any of the language elements, object,
properties,
and methods that were added to version 11, then you code will work in
earlier versions with no changes required.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel, 10 Years