Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how to bring a value from access into excel based on criteria

I have two unique challenges that I need help figuring out:
1. I have an access database of names
Example:
Name:
Van Gogh, Vincent

I have an excel sheet that has Name but may have incorrect spelling
or variances.
Example:
Name:
VanGogh, Vincent
Vincent Van Gogh
Van Go Vincent
(etc)

I would like to find a way to pull in the correct value for name and
title from access into excel based on exact match, close match or
keyword.

2. I would also like to do the same for name and title combination.
Example- access database has Name and Title
Name:
Van Gogh

Title:
Starry Night

the excel sheet might have incorrect spelling or variance of both name
and title:
Name:
VanGogh, Vincent
Vincent Van Gogh
Van Go Vincent
(etc)

Title:
Starry nite
Starry night, c1889
stary night
etc.

I would like to find a way to pull in the correct value for name and
title from access into excel based on the combination of Name and
Title for an exact match, close match or keywords such as van gogh
starry.

I am completely stumped but know that there hsoudl be a way I can do
this as access hold all of my records- about 300,000 names and
titles. I get new excel sheets to correct every week and fidn the
correct name and title for possible errors in spelling or variances in
title name.

I really appreciate your help.
Tina