Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using autofilter to trigger an event

I have a macro that I want to execute every time an Autofilter is updated in
an Excel workbook, but updating an Autofilter does not trigger the workbook
SheetChange event or the worksheet Change event. Can anyone point me in a
direction I need to look in?

Thanks€¦

--
Kevin Backmann
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Kevin,

You could use a cell with a SUBTOTAL formula call to the filtered range and the worksheet's
calculate event will then fire when the autofilter is changed.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Kevin B" wrote in message
I have a macro that I want to execute every time an Autofilter is updated in
an Excel workbook, but updating an Autofilter does not trigger the workbook
SheetChange event or the worksheet Change event. Can anyone point me in a
direction I need to look in?

Thanks.

--
Kevin Backmann

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Many thanks Bernie for such a straightforward solution, I was making it a
bit more complicated than it turned out to be.

Thanks, you've saved me a lotta' time...
--
Kevin Backmann

"Kevin B" wrote in message
I have a macro that I want to execute every time an Autofilter is updated in
an Excel workbook, but updating an Autofilter does not trigger the workbook
SheetChange event or the worksheet Change event. Can anyone point me in a
direction I need to look in?

Thanks.

--
Kevin Backmann

How to trigger MsgBox for this event? TimN Excel Programming 3 September 1st 06 05:11 PM
Event trigger in Excel? Tim Miller Excel Programming 1 May 24th 06 09:02 PM
Event Trigger lobo Excel Programming 5 December 16th 05 08:33 PM
Trigger Event Todd Huttenstine Excel Programming 2 July 14th 04 06:50 PM