Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default List files that contain macros

Hello all,

I've got a module that will list files in a certain directory, but i was
wondering if it was possible to list the files that contain macros? If this
means that the file needs to be temporarily opened, then that wont be a
problem.

TX's in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is a dll file available from Microsoft - dsofile.dll - that allows one to read
document properties without opening the file.
However it is an older version 1.4 that apparently had a "hasmacros" property.
The current version 2.0/2.1 does not have that feature.
I do not have the older dll on my system and the dllDump website does not have it.
If I could get a copy of that dll, I would attempt to see if it would work.

Chip Pearson has information on accessing document properties of closed
files here... http://www.cpearson.com/excel/docprop.htm
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA