Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Transporting text files from notepad to excel

I wanted to extract text from a notepad then transport them into
excel. Any help would help.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the Excel file open dialog box, select *.txt as the type of file to open
and open it. It will very likely import all the text into the first column in
the worksheet. Select the first column and then use Text to Columns to
separate it into the various columns. You will find Text to Columns under
Data.

When you save, use Save As and save as an Excel file not a txt file. You
need to do this to keep all the Excel features and it will not overwrite the
txt file because it has a different extension.

Regards,

OssieMac

" wrote:

I wanted to extract text from a notepad then transport them into
excel. Any help would help.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Oct 27, 1:03 pm, wrote:
I wanted to extract text from a notepad then transport them into
excel. Any help would help.
Thanks!

Hi, thanks! but what i really wanted to do is this..

I have a software that outputs the data into notepad. If for example,
I have a data with these as its first two lines:

Song: Way back into love
Singer: Drew Barrymore

I would like my excel to collect the singers on each notepad then
paste their names on next available row in column "A" which I would
label as "SINGERS".

Please share your macros with me!! thanks!